Chicken and bell peppers are a fabulous combination and this gravy wonderfully combines the two along with tomatoes, onion, red chilli powder and soya sauce. Hence this dish not only looks good but also tastes fantastic. The gravy can be served with fried rice, plain rice or even chapathi.
300 gms boneless chicken
1 ½ cups capsicum of all three colours cut into small squares
3 tomatoes cut into small squares
1 large onion cut into small squares
1 ½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 ½ tbsp corn flour
½ cup water
chopped coriander leaves
3 tbsp oil
Oil for frying
For the marinade
¼ tsp garlic paste
¼ tsp ginger paste
½ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp corn flour
1 ½ tbsp egg white
- Take all the ingredients of the marinade in a bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken and coat well with the marinade. Set it aside for ½ an hour and then deep fry the marinated chicken pieces in oil till golden in colour. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and saute for a minute. Then add ginger and garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Next add red chilli powder dissolved in 2 tbsp water and mix well. Allow it to cook for a few seconds then add tomatoes and cook till oil starts separating.
- Then add the capsicums and saute till they are slightly soft. Next add salt, soya sauce, coriander leaves and the fried chicken pieces and mix well.
- Dissolve corn flour in water and add to the pan. Stir well and bring the gravy to a boil.
- When the gravy starts thickening, switch off the gas and transfer to a bowl. Serve hot.