Chicken croquette requires very few ingredients and is easy to make. There are several different recipes to make this yummy snack. In this recipe, boiled chicken is mixed with white sauce, seasoned with salt and pepper and then deep fried in oil. This recipe also has egg whites, but if you are very fond of eggs, you can ignore it. This recipe yields 8 croquettes.
300 gms boneless chicken cooked with a pinch of salt
2 boiled eggs (leave out the yolks and cut the whites into very small cubes)
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped coriander leaves
Oil for frying
For the white sauce
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp All purpose flour (maida)
1 cup milk
For the coating
1 cup All purpose flour (maida)
1 cup bread crumbs
- Take the boiled chicken in a bowl and shred it into thin strips. (Or you can coarsely grind it in a mixer.)
- Add the egg whites to the boiled chicken and keep ready. (We do not need the yolk)
- To prepare the white sauce, melt butter in a non stick pan and add a tbsp of maida. Roast till the raw smell goes.
- Now add milk and mix well such that there are no lumps. Cook till the sauce thickens. (The consistency of the sauce has to be thick as only then it will help in binding the ingredients together)
- Immediately add this to the chicken and egg mix and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Check for taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Form 8 oval shaped balls with the mix and keep ready.
- Spread maida and bread crumbs in separate plates and beat the egg in a bowl till the white and yolk is well combined.
- Take one croquettes and coat with maida, then dip in the egg mix and finally coat with bread crumbs.
- In the same way prepare all the 8 croquettes.
- When all the 8 croquettes are ready, heat oil in a pan and deep fry till the croquettes turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.