ROOH AFZA FLAVOURED FALUDA (CHINA GRASS PUDDING)




Rooh Afza is a concentrated syrup which is usually mixed with milk or water and sugar and served as a sherbet or drink. And Faluda is a very simple and easy to cook sweet made using milk and Agar Agar (China grass). Adding Rooh Afza to this simple faluda adds a refreshing taste and flavour to it and can be served as a dessert after dinner.

Ingredients

1 litre milk
1 packet (10 gms) China grass/ Agar agar
4 tbsp Rooh Afza
8 tbsp sugar

Method

Heat milk in a wide bottomed pan and bring it to a boil. Now reduce heat and continue cooking till the quantity of milk reduces to half. Keep stirring in between. Meanwhile wash and soak the china grass in water for about 10 minutes. Then take a pan and cook china grass with 1 cup of water till it completely dissolves. Now add sugar to the pan and mix well. Remove this from flame and only then add milk and Rooh Afza. (Do not cook after adding milk). Stir this well and pour into moulds or cups. It will solidify on reaching room temperature. Refrigerate for a few hours and cut into pieces. Serve cold as it is or garnished with cream, dry fruits or any other topping of your choice.





16 comments:

  1. Wat a fantastic,super delicious and mouthwatering Faluda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting recipe dear..Faluda looks really tempting!

    Cheers!
    Vani

    Join My Event: Love Lock With Juices & Milkshakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahha so nice and delicious sweets here. Lipsmacking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! its look sweety n tempting me....

    if u have time plz visit my blog

    http://www.nathivg.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! Guess what? I too prepared agar-agar last week! same pinch!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. rooh afza was my favorite childhood summer drink :) thanks for posting this recipe.. will definitely try out :)


    The_10_Hair_Care_Commandments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect and cool dessert for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely colour...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been ages since I heard of Rooh afza... As a kid I never liked it's flavour but I wanna try it now just to see if i like it...

    This recipe is great it is giving me so many ideas... to try with different flavours... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We mix Roohafza with water and sugar and have it as a sherbet during Ramadhan as it cools the body... Of course you can try different flavours... I am planning to make pudding using chocolate.. lets see how it turns out!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting this blog...
I hope you have found my posts useful. I would be delighted if you could take time and share my posts on your social media channels and like my pages on Facebook and Google plus.
Do send in your comments... And keep visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...